Gone are the days when you just create a document to show data to someone. But time has changed and mostly everyone in this world wants visuals that easily co-relates with the information in more user-friendly way rather than some boring document. The new trend which I am talking about is called Information Graphics also refer as Infographics that are on roll these days.
Infographics often used to represent large number of information/data/stats in a visual representation with shiny, bright colors that are straight to point, interesting and easily get attention of visitors.
These days you can see infographics everywhere on the web whether it is a blog post, business documents, presentations and illustrations. If we talk about the blogging, you can notice that a blog post is likely to be shared more in comparison to your average article and finally get more visitors to your blog.
Many people think that creating infographics in not their cup of coffee and its only limited to designers. Though, its not correct – there are many tools and resources available on the Internet that allows you to create visually appealing infographics without prior experience.
Thats the reason, in this article, I am sharing some of the best free infographics tools that are very easy to use and help you to create creative infographics on a go.
So, here’s the article featuring Top 10 incredible free tools to create visually appealing infographics easily. If you know any other too that you feel fits best in this list, please be kind and share with us in the comments section below.
1. Many Eyes : An experiment brought to you by IBM Research and the IBM Cognos software group. This site is set up to allow the entire internet community to upload data, visualize it, and talk about their discoveries with other people.
This site allow you to upload your own data or even you can use data stored already on the site. The best thing that you will like about the tool is slick and professional looking visualizations.
2. StatPlanet : StatPlanet is a browser-based interactive data visualization and mapping application. You can use it to easily and rapidly create visualizations from simple Flash maps to advanced infographics.
You can also host StatPlanet on your website absolutely free. It is lightweight, lightning fast, and makes exploring large data sets easy, fun and highly interactive.
3. Creately : One of the best online tool to create well-designed infographics in just no time. There are tons of features that you will love to use while using Creately. You can easily create professional diagrams and flow charts and even collaborate with your colleagues too.
There is huge collection of purpose-designed diagram in which you just have to add your data and make your customized data. Since it offeres some great tools, it comes with a monthly subscription fees though public account is free of charge.
4. Hohli : Hohli is a great online tool that allows you to make online charts in just matter of clicks. There are many pre-build chart type on the site – you just have to pick one, add your own data, vary sizes as per your needs, change colors and you are done.
The end result is good and you can see a professional looking charts and share them on multiple social media sites too. It also allows you to create scatter plots and other line charts.
5. Tableau : Tableau Public is a free application that brings data to life. Create and share interactive charts and graphs, stunning maps, live dashboards and fun applications in minutes then publish anywhere on the web. Anyone can do it, it’s that easy—and it’s free.
6. Wordle : Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.
The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
7. Visual.ly : One of the best looking tool on Internet to create and share beautiful infographics. The website offers great tools with stunning looks to create compelling storytelling visualizations that are user friendly and looks awesome.
8. Google Public Data : The Google Public Data Explorer makes large datasets easy to explore, visualize and communicate. As the charts and maps animate over time, the changes in the world become easier to understand. You don’t have to be a data expert to navigate between different views, make your own comparisons, and share your findings.
Students, journalists, policy makers and everyone else can play with the tool to create visualizations of public data, link to them, or embed them in their own webpages. Embedded charts and links can update automatically so you’re always sharing the latest available data.
9. Gapminder : A cross-platform and free Adobe Air application that allows you to create visualizations with the help of current data on major world issues.
The new version of the application always released with latest data and new world issues updated. I am sure you will love this application because the end results are very beautiful and well-designed.
10. Inkscape : An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. You must be thinking how an graphics editor comes in category of creating infographics tools.
Basically, this application has excellent visuals that has everything you needed to create beautiful infographics without any previous knowledge. You can also import your own visualizations and combine with other visuals to make your inforgraphics more impressive.
These are some of the best free infographics tools that will allow you to create awesome visualizations, charts, infographics and much more very easily and professionally.